· 14 classroom hours & a 6-hour field exercise to test your skills.
· Manual – purchase hardcopy or download electronic
· Dinner and refreshments provided
WHAT IS CERT?
A corps of trained volunteers who would activate themselves immediately after a disaster to assist their families, neighbors, and communities until first responders can reach affected areas.
Hawaii is subject to tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic activity, flooding, and even tornados. BE PREPARED for the next disaster!
CERT TRAINING TOPICS
· Disaster Preparedness
· Fire Safety & Utility Controls
· Disaster Medical Operations
· Light Search & Rescue Operations
· CERT Organization
· Disaster Psychology
After completing the CERT training, join the Kailua CERT Team the 3rd Tuesday of each month and BE PREPARED for the next disaster. Meetings are in the basement auditorium of Castle Hospital
For more information and training dates visit: http://www.honolulu.gov/demvolunteers/cert.html